Are you someone who would enjoy working with product development and software maintenance of healthcare technology? Does the sound of working as part of a global R&D team excite you? If so, then a R&D Platform Manger role with us might be what you’re looking for. As part of our Research & Development team, you’ll be at the forefront of our business and building solutions that ultimately help our customers provide expert care.
Ascom is seeking an innovative manager to lead our Global Nurse Call systems Platform team. This position will act as the role of line manager for the team. A successful candidate has experience of hardware and software platform development and people management. The team is responsible for development and maintenance of the Ascom Nurse Call systems platform technology, including both electrical and mechanical design.
We are looking for an individual with a proven record leading teams in a fun, challenging and creative environment. This position will be located in Bradenton, Florida and will manage a global team with locations in Bradenton and the Netherlands. This position will include international travel to the Netherlands and our headquarters in Sweden.
Your days will be filled with…
• Lead and develop a team of electrical, mechanical engineers and software platform engineers.
• Understand and contribute to the roadmap and the long-term business goal.
• Develops detail-level work plans, schedules, estimates, resource, and budget requirements.
• Participate in design reviews and overall quality assurance work.
• Analyze requirements of products from electrical and mechanical perspectives.
• Participate in defect root cause analysis and defining corrective action
• Lead the hardware maintenance
• Interact with global teams to promote consistency and maximize synergies across common platforms
• Ensure compliance with Ascom and Patient Systems processes
• Manage documentation to ensure compliance to guidelines, consistency across products and tools
• Understanding the Product line roadmap and long-term goals and be a trusted carrier of Product Management requirements into R&D
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
And you are…
Qualifications and Work Experience
• University degree MSc Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 10 years of hardware development
• A minimum of 3 years management experience
Skills & Competencies
• In-depth knowledge of embedded hardware development
• In-depth knowledge of management tools and processes
• In-depth knowledge and experience in planning and resource allocation for hardware development
• Ability to cooperate with others, both within the section and the divisions.
• Fluent in English, verbal and in writing.
• Good understanding of Quality Management Systems in an FDA regulated environment is a plus
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com