Are you searching not just for a regular job, but a job that makes a difference? Do you have several years’ experience from interaction design/UX and enjoy working in teams? Then we might just have the position for you!
As our User Experience (UX) Designer you will be part of an R&D team, but also Ascom's global UX network with designers from other product lines and countries. The position also involves close collaboration with software developers and product managers as well as regular contact with our end users and customers.
The Platforms Solutions product line develop software for mobile workflows in healthcare. Our products are used by nurses around the world, around the clock, all year round, to facilitate care in hospitals and elderly care homes.
The position is located at the Ascom office in Florence, but you will be reporting a manager in Gothenburg, where the majority of the team is located.
The User Experience Designer is responsible for enhancing user satisfaction with a product by improving the usability and accessibility provided in the interaction with the product. The User Experience Designer is responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, storyboards, customer journey maps, wireframes and prototypes and translating these into requirements and specifications.
Required Experience and skills
- University degree in the area of user-centered design, user interface design, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a UX designer, part of the time within the medical industry
- Experience in the development of medical devices (Usability for Medical Devices Standard IEC 62366)
- Good knowledge of methods and tools for UI design, interaction design and UX design
- Excellent English reading/writing skills
- Drive, plan and perform user research. Analyze the result and drive improvement work based on the conclusions
- Elaborate, conceptualize and innovate features and products according to the user experience vision and business goals
- Assist in the establishment of stakeholder requirements to ensure optimized human-interface interaction
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, storyboards and user journeys optimized for the products.
- Produce design specifications for implementation
- Produce prototype material for usability evaluation and external communication
- Identify evaluation needs, plan and coordinate summative and formative usability evaluation, and document results.
- Team player
- Good at planning and organizing
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing tasks
Working at Ascom
We offer an open and international environment where personal initiative is both expected and appreciated. Our culture is reflected by the Ascom Way and its six principles: Customer Focus, Accountability & Commitment, Growth, Innovation, Leadership, We are Ascom. Key aspects are to create customer value in everything we do, take calculated risks, be curious and creative, and be passionate and inspire. Ascom is a company where you will be able to engage with all parts of the value stream, from development to sales, manufacturing, supply chain and service delivery. If you are motivated by making a real difference in your work, you are probably one of us.
Contact and Application
Are you interested in the job? The selection process is ongoing, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Include your CV and your portfolio.