Are you someone who would enjoy working with product development and software maintenance of healthcare technology? Does the sound of working as part of a global R&D team excite you? If so, then a Software Engineer role with us might be what you’re looking for. As part of our Research & Development team, you’ll be at the forefront of our business and building solutions that ultimately help our customers provide expert care.
The Software Engineer is a central position within R&D, typically software developers who focus on product development in (Agile) DLP projects and software maintenance of existing Ascom products. He/she performs needed evaluations with relevant stakeholders to understand the unique goals of each project and then develops and maintains software to broaden Ascom’s products and offerings. Depending on expertise and projects, the Software Engineer might focus on the development of Ascom software solutions (e.g. Cloud-based products, of software for 5G smart phones, or other types of projects).
- Responsible for designing and implementing optimal software solutions with regards to functionality, reliability, performance, implementation time and production of the product
- Understand customer and stakeholder requirements and how they translate in software features
- Stay abreast with technical developments and new technologies, and integrate into software and solutions if adding value
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to set specifications for new software; design creative prototypes according to specifications
- Write high quality source code to program complete software within deadlines
- Evaluate existing software to refactor, update and add new features
- Design and develop software that meet the requirements for functionality, reliability, interoperability, service delivery, maintainability by applying development processes, software engineering methods and standards
- Reduce low quality and defects and development lead time by rigorous adherence to agile methods.
- Research and suggest changes or improvements to given requirement specifications.
- Create technical requirements and design documentation.
- Initiate and participate in design reviews and collaborate with colleagues to execute improvements.
- Responsible for verification of own software modules and to participate in the verification of the complete software product.
- Working with verification of Ascom products/systems within DLP and Agile projects.
- Participating in development projects.
- Working with software maintenance of existing products.
- Participating in design reviews.
- Verifying software modules and participating in the verification of the complete software product.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in computer science or related area
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar position
- Proven track-record of designing and programming software.
- Experience in agile development software and development life cycles
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent general IT skills and knowledge of most common software development technologies, programming languages and tools
- Ability to program in at least one programming language such as C#, Java (J2EE) etc.
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Ability to implement software designs from requirements and/or from design specifications
- Ability to manage interdependencies (e g Windows Servers, Firewall) and integrate this knowledge into product development
- Knowledge and deep understanding of latest technology (e.g. Cloud technology, 5G)
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable about Ascom products portfolio: deep knowledge of and technical expertise in Ascom systems and solutions
- Strong problem diagnosis and problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong drive and commitment, detail-oriented, with a passion for software and technology
- Independent worker with ability to perform in stressful environment and to meet deadlines
- Analytical and structured personality
- Strong team player with high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Quick learner with a flexible mindset.
- Strong drive and commitment, detail-oriented, with a passion for software and technology.
- Independent worker with ability to perform in stressful environment and to meet deadlines.
- Analytical and structured personality.
- Strong team player with high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Quick learner with a flexible mindset
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com