Are you someone who would enjoy working with product development and software maintenance of healthcare technology? Does the sound of working as part of a global R&D team excite you? If so, then a Senior Software Engineer role with us might be what you’re looking for. As part of our Research & Development team, you’ll be at the forefront of our business and building solutions that ultimately help our customers provide expert care.
Ascom is an innovative healthcare company and international provider of solutions focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflows. We partner with ambitious customers globally to help them bring their vision to life. Our software and digital communication solutions provide safety, security, and efficiency to hospitals, long-term care institutions, and other industries. As part of our Research & Development teams, you would be at the forefront of our business and building solutions that ultimately help our customers provide expert healthcare.
Your days will be filled with…
- Development of highly available and scalable backend software services that connect various Ascom and external systems to handle mission critical alerts and connectivity with medical devices
- Applying your knowledge of all phases of new product introduction including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support.
- Providing software design solutions regarding functionality, reliability, interoperability, production, costs and development time.
- Leading product and system design reviews.
- Leading analysis and recommend actions regarding maintenance.
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
And you possess…
- A Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related area
- A minimum of 6 years experience in similar position
- Proven track-record of designing and programming software
- Experience in agile development software and development life cycles
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent knowledge of the C# language and the .NET Framework
- Experience with and understanding of unit testing frameworks, tools, and methodologies
- Strong problem solving skillset: solving anything from technical issues to architecting new products
- Concurrent programming techniques and multi-threading
- Socket programming and communication protocols
- Analysis of performance and memory usage in .NET applications
- Experience with designing and building highly available (Active/Active) distributed software
- Experience with ORMs, such as Entity Framework
- Experience with message queueing systems, such as RabbitMQ
- Experience in the design and development of complex medical device SW that conform to IEC 62304, ISO 14971, IEC 60601, ISO 13485, etc…
- Experience working with the latest .NET Frameworks (.NET Core, 5 and 6)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud providers
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com