Does the idea of working on complex issues interest you? Do you pride yourself in providing excellent customer service? If so, then a Second Line Support Engineer role with us might be what you’re looking for. As part of our Customer Care team, you’ll be at the forefront of our business and providing support to our clients.
The 2nd line support engineer handles and solves requests for support escalated from the 1st level and perform expert support services for Ascom products and solutions, remotely and/or on-site. He/she performs in various activities to investigate, maintain, correct and improve established systems at various levels of expertise required by both central and local service teams.
Your days will be filled with…
- Troubleshooting, researching, and collaborating with peers to solve escalated customer incidents or requests, by applying expert knowledge of Ascom products and solutions.
- Provide support-related services including investigation, troubleshooting, complaint handling, fault handling.
- Providing timely responses to assigned customer issues.
- Running technical testing according to protocols.
- Consulting with customers and colleagues to collect information needed and proposing solutions.
- Driving systematic and continuous improvement processes.
- Ensure delivery of excellent customer service and protect service margins by fast and accurate handling and documentation of incidents.
- Preserve the traceability of deployed Ascom products and solutions.
- Run technical testing according to test protocols ensuring high-quality.
- Consult and interface with customers and Ascom colleagues to collect information needed and propose solutions.
- Systematically measure customer satisfaction after resolution of incidents.
- Escalate incidents to 3rd line support team as mandated by standard processes.
- Document all work done during an incident, service request or other ticket type, in JIRA.
- Coach and develop 1st line support colleagues and foster continuous collaboration and knowledge exchange within support teams.
- Drive systematic and continuous improvement of processes to maximize performance.
- Manage and oversee KPIs and performance delivered.
- Participate in rotational coverage for afterhours/weekend support coverage
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
And you are…
Tertiary qualified in Engineering, Electronics, Information Technology or a related discipline with experience in working as tech support. If you have experience in the healthcare or telecommunication sector this would be highly advantageous.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Technical Engineering: Mid-level (Practical education) or, Bachelor Electronics / ICT or equivalent
- Application Engineering: Mid-level (Practical education) or, Bachelor SW engineering or equivalent
- Practical Application: An engineering approach with connotations of precision, predictability, measurement, risk mitigation, and professionalism
- 5 + years’ experience in a technical System Engineering position or similar within IT, telecommunication or healthcare sector
- Experience with server hardware and/or Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Experience with communication, network or medical systems
- Experience with Server and Desktop Operating systems
- Expert knowledge on Windows Server environments and enterprise network environments (Routing, Switching, Wireless networks, TCP/IP)
- Experience in technical / IT-related troubleshooting
- Solid knowledge administering, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows Server environments
- SQL troubleshooting proficiency
- Knowledge on load balancers
- Solid knowledge configuring and troubleshooting virtualized environments
- Knowledge troubleshooting data integrations using API or custom data connectors
- ITIL Certification
Skills and Competencies
- Highly skills in technical / IT-related topics:
- Ascom products portfolio: deep knowledge of and technical expertise in Ascom systems and solutions
- Integration: solid understanding of technical specifications and capabilities of key systems and solutions
- Architecture: ability to consult on choices of systems to be used in cooperation with 3rd party solutions
- Deep knowledge and ability to design, configure, install and implement Wireless/Wired Technology, Server Technology, Database Technology, Virtualization Technologies and Middleware
- Fundamental knowledge of Data Security, and how to process data correctly.
- Ability to perform Radio coverage assessments, manage port opening and firewalls
- Ability to troubleshoot and understand data integrations, server applications such as load balancing and clustering functions
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong advisory and consulting skills
- Strong coaching and feedback skills
- Time management, strong prioritization and organizing skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to stay calm and perform in stressful situations
- Strong drive and commitment
- Curious and self-driven
- Ability to perform in stressful environment and to meet deadlines
- Analytical and structured personality
- Strong team player with high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Quick learner, with affinity towards technical and IT-related topics, Ascom’s products and offerings and how they create values for customers
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com