As a Technical Documentation Specialist at Ascom, you will be joining a global R&D team that creates high quality instructions and manuals for our communication solutions for healthcare, industry, security, and retail.
In this role, you will work with a wide range of documents that includes everything from guides to technicians on how to install and troubleshoot systems to manuals for healthcare professionals on how to administer the system for their daily operations.
As part of a cross functional team, you will create, update, and maintain technical documentation and instructions. You will also support the team with terminology in user interfaces and translations.
A certain technical drive is needed in addition to a genuine interest in writing and conveying information that is adapted to the target group. We also believe you are a friendly and driven individual, who can work well on your own as well as with others.
This is a permanent position based in our R&D office in Cluj-Napoca. Ascom provides the opportunity for hybrid working means some days at office some days at Home weekly.
Your days will be filled with...
- Product-oriented documents, such as data sheets, installation and configuration instructions and user manuals
- System level documentation that describes solutions, system architecture, and features
- Documentation reviews; proofread user documentation for readability and comprehension
- Planning document delivery from requirements, design specifications, and received feedback
- UX writing, supporting development team with terminology in user interfaces
- Finding synergies between products with respect to documentation
- Collaborating to align writing practices and solutions
- Developing an understanding of customer and stakeholder requirements and how they translate into user documentation
- Learning new technologies
We're looking for someone who has…
- Bachelor's degree in communication or linguistics, or having achieved equivalent competence through experience
- American English, Level C1
- Strong communication skills, written as well as oral
- Ability to pay attention to details and learn quickly
- Strong drive and commitment, solution-oriented, with a passion for communication of technology
- Good understanding of document layout and text formatting principles
- Knowledge about topic-based authoring
- Knowledge about tools in the Adobe Suite, primarily Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Basic understanding of online collaboration tools, for example Microsoft Teams, JIRA, and Confluence
- Permanent Visa fit for work
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com