We are Ascom a leader in innovative communication systems for healthcare, industry, security and retail. Ascom is an international leader in the fields of medical and safety technology and we are producing systems that support & protect lives.
Would you like to be part of a company at the forefront of technology and have a positive impact? We are looking for a C#.NET Software Engineer to join our team!
You will be joining our R&D team to improve and innovate our communication solutions for healthcare, industry, security and retail. In this role you will solve complex problems for our customers by creating new or adapting existing software products and own the full development lifecycle from design through development and support.
This role can be based fully remotely. If this opportunity sounds exciting, we would love to hear from you.
Your days will be filled with...
- Designing and implementing optimal software solutions with regards to functionality, reliability, performance, and implementation timescales
- Assessing and developing an understanding of customer and stakeholder requirements and how they translate in software features
- Providing estimations and assisting the product owners in choosing optimal solutions
- Supporting the resolution of customer issues, working with software maintenance and refactoring of existing products
- Participating in design and code reviews, and collaborating with colleagues to execute improvements both in technology and ways of working, contributing to continuous improvement of the development process
- Creating technical requirements and design documentation, contributing to user documentation
- Staying abreast of technical developments and new technologies in relevant areas
- Cooperating within a cross functional team and within an international setting
What you get…
- Remote only: You will be working remotely on a permanent basis. We embrace the fact you are working remotely.
- International Environment: We welcome an international mindset, and we have very international cross-cultural teams.
- Purpose: Our vision is to connect and be the leader in mobile-connected devices and you will be an essential part of that purpose.
- Impact: Our software is used across multiple critical industries and changes in our software can have a huge global impact. You’re not just a number, you’re an individual with aspirations and that’s important to us who will be able to make an impact from day one.
- Creativity: You will have the license to be creative and think outside-the box. Everyday is different and challenging. You are not just a number and you can drive your own career.
- Hands on Mentality: You will get stuck in very quickly and you will be writing code in your first weeks. You will have the chance to take responsibility and ownership very soon to make an impact.
We're looking for someone who has…
- A Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in computer science or related area
- At least 3 years’ experience of designing and programming software .Net Framework and C#
- Experience with ASP.NET and Web APIs (.NET Core is preferred)
- Experience with Entity Framework and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with a UI framework or library (e.g. Angular, React, …) (desirable)
- Experience with build & deploy automation, DevOps (desirable)
- Experience with unit testing and good understanding of its value
- Practical knowledge of object-oriented techniques, design principles and patterns
- The ability to run projects with minimal external help
- The ability to promote best practices in the team (S.O.L.I.D.), spot anti patterns, advocate for clean code and offer improvement suggestions
- A winning communication style and experience in working within a development team following and enforcing agile methodologies
- A passion for working with the latest technology and thirst for learning
A global solutions provider, focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology. To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com